University 100: Important Dates
- Beginning October 1, 2016, students can submit their FAFSA/Dream Act Application for 2017-2018. Read more about this new earlier opportunity.
- Mondays: Conversation Swaps at the LRC. Oviatt Library third floor, east wing at 12 noon; bring your lunch and converse (in English) with other CSUN students from around the world and from here, too.
- Tuesdays: Farmer's Market, East Cleary Walk, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Food!
- Most Wednesdays and Fridays: USU Tech Series: free beginner and advanced computer workshops. Ongoing most Wednesdays (1-2 p.m.) and Fridays (3-4 p.m.) throughout the semester. Various topics.
- Various dates all semester: CSUN's Financial Literacy workshops and webinars series.
Day by day events
- October 19 (Wednesday): Sustainability Day at CSUN. Lectures, panels, a documentary, and more. 11 a.m.-5:15 p.m. at the USU Northridge Center (11 a.m.-3:45 p.m.) and the Lake View Terrace Room (4-5:15 p.m.).
- October 19 & 20 (Wednesday & Thursday): University Counseling Services Open House, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. in BH 520. Raffles, refreshments, prizes, and more.
- October 20 (Thursday): the Great California Shake Out earthquake drill: drop, cover, and hold on wherever you are at 10:20 a.m.
- October 21 (Friday): Oviatt Library presents "The Proposition on Porn (Plus Pizza): What's at Stake this November": a panel of speakers will tackle the referendum process and how it affects the risks and rights of performers in adult films. 12 noon in the Jack and Florence Ferman Presentation Room. Reservations requested (so they don't run short on pizza).
- October 24 (Monday): last day to register online to vote in the upcoming national elections: visit Associated Students' TurboVote website.
- October 25 (Tuesday): Zombie Preparedness Scavenger Hunt sponsored by nine campus departments including Police Services at CSUN. 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Bayramian Hall Lawn. Contest and grand prize. Free.
- October 26 (Wednesday): Study Abroad Fair, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., USU Grand Salon.
- November 5-6 (Saturday night/Sunday morning): Daylight Saving Time ends. Turn clocks back one hour ("fall back") overnight on Saturday.
- November 11 (Friday): Veterans Day Holiday. Campus closed; no classes.
- November 15 (Tuesday) An Evening with George Takei: Actor, Activist, and Social Media Icon. 7 p.m. at the VPAC. $5 for CSUN students, faculty, staff.
- November 24-27 (Thursday-Sunday): Thanksgiving Break. Campus closed; no classes.
- November 29-30 (Tuesday-Wednesday): Freshman Celebration, USU Northridge Center. Exhibits open 9:30 a.m.-3:15 p.m. both days.
- December 11 (Sunday): last day of formal instruction for the fall 2016 semester.
- December 12-18 (Monday-Sunday): final examinations.
- December 23 (Friday): instructors' grades due.
- December 23 (Friday): deadline for eligible U100 students to apply for one of the Marino J. Riccomini Family Scholarships.
Additional campus calendars