Next UDWPE: September 20. Please check back for workshop dates.
We Have Four Ways to Prepare:
UDWPE Workshops are a series of intensive writing instruction and practice sessions, totaling 8 hours, for students who have failed the exam or wish to have more preparation. Workshops are offered approximately two weeks before the actual exam. Next Session:
Time: 1:00 to 3:00pm
Location: LRC Classroom, 3rd Floor Oviatt Library
- In person: Stop by the Learning Resource Center and write your name on the sign-up sheet for a particular day and time.
- By phone: Call (818) 677-2033 and ask to have your name placed on the sign-up sheet for a particular session.
* Be sure to mark down the day, date, and time of your session. If you can't attend, call (818) 677-2033 to cancel.
PREP SESSION: none scheduled
A UDWPE Prep session is a two-and-a-half hour, one-time informational and practice writing session for students who have never taken the exam. It includes a practice exam under test conditions.
Prep sessions are offered approximately two weeks before the actual exam.
Next session: Saturday,
Time: 9:30am - 12:00 noon
Location: SH 342
To sign up for a 2.5-hour Upper Division Writing Proficiency Exam prep session: Sign up here.
For a follow-up conference with a Writing Consultant:
Call or visit the LRC for an appointment during the week immediately after the Prep Session. Follow-up appointments are only 15 minutes long, so it is important to arrive a minute or two early.
Be sure to mark down the day, date, and time of your appointment. If you can't attend, please call (818) 677-2033 to cancel.
UDWPE BOOT CAMP: none scheduled
- Want to know what the exam will be like?
- Want to learn strategies to use during the exam?
- Want to know what the graders are looking for?
Then come to the UDWPE Boot Camp! Whether or not you’ve taken the test before, we can help you with test-specific strategies.
Location: LRC Classroom, 3rd Floor Oviatt Library Sign up here
UDWPE WORKSHOP VIDEO
A 25-minute workshop video is also available for students. The video features information about the exam and offers tips and advice to help students prepare for the exam.
The workshop video can be found here!