Spring 2016 Enrollment Limits
CSUN is enforcing unit limits for the Spring 2016 registration cycle:
- 13-unit limit through December 8, 2015
- 16-unit limit from December 9, 2015 through January 24, 2016
- 16-unit limit from January 25, 2016 through February 12, 2016 (with permission numbers)
First-time freshmen may enroll in a maximum of 16 units. First-time freshmen may enroll up to the 16-unit limit during the priority registration period.
Unit limits are subject to change.
Students may repeat classes beginning on the Monday two weeks prior to the start of the semester. For Spring 2016, this date is Monday, January 11.
- Graduating seniors may enroll in a maximum of 19 units during all registration periods. You are a graduating senior if you have applied for graduation in the semester in which you are enrolling and you will complete all remaining degree requirements by the end of the semester.
- AA-T and AS-T students with declared STAR-Act degree plans may enroll in a maximum of 16 units during all registration periods.
- Students enrolled in certain cohort programs are exempt from these unit limit restrictions.
- Students on academic probation may only enroll in 13 units. Undergraduate students readmitted under Academic Performance Agreement may only enroll in 13 units.
- Students wishing to enroll in additional units after the Registration-by-Appointment period must complete and file an Extra Unit Authorization form with Admissions and Records. See Extra Unit Authorization (.pdf).