Fall 2016 Enrollment Limits
CSUN is enforcing unit limits for the Fall 2016 registration cycle:
- 13-unit limit through July 10, 2016
- 16-unit limit from July 11, 2016 through August 28, 2016
- 16-unit limit from August 29, 2016 through September 16, 2016 (with permission numbers)
First-time freshmen may enroll in a maximum of 16 units. First-time freshmen may enroll up to the 16-unit limit during the priority registration period.
Unit limits are subject to change.
Effective Fall 2016:
Students may repeat classes beginning on the Monday four weeks prior to the start of the semester. For Fall 2016, this date is Monday, August 1.
- Graduating seniors may enroll in a maximum of 19 units during all registration periods. You are a graduating senior if you have applied for graduation in the semester in which you are enrolling and you will complete all remaining degree requirements by the end of the semester.
- AA-T and AS-T students with declared STAR-Act degree plans may enroll in a maximum of 16 units during all registration periods.
- Students enrolled in certain cohort programs are exempt from these unit limit restrictions.
- Students on academic probation may only enroll in 13 units. Undergraduate students readmitted under Academic Performance Agreement may only enroll in 13 units.
- Students wishing to enroll in additional units after the Registration-by-Appointment period must complete and file an Extra Unit Authorization form with Admissions and Records. See Extra Unit Authorization (.pdf).