California State University, Northridge has adopted the CSU S4 database for managing approved field trip sites, service learning activities, and academic internships, including tracking a student’s placement at approved community organization’s sites, approved field trip sites and to collect students risk management forms and evaluations.
Currently piloting the use of S4 are faculty from the Biology and Geology departments. Beginning Spring 2017 faculty from Music will begin piloting. Faculty interested in becoming a participant in our pilot program please contact Candice Liu at email@example.com.
- Login to S4 to view your field trip classes, make placements, and view student forms. Use your CSUN user name and password.
- Faculty How to Guide (.docx) - how to use the S4 Academic Field Trip System
- Field Trip Site Approval Form (.pdf) - required if site has not been approved previously
- Field Trip Guidelines
- Trip Leader Checklist
- Field Trip Driving Requirements
- Transportation Requirements
- Field Trip FAQ's