The Tseng College of Extended Learning
Exec. Director of Public Relations, Marketing and Communications: Marcella Tyler
- Over the past 40 years, the college has served more than one million students, most of whom live and work in the region.
- The college offers a rich portfolio of programs for midcareer adults— credit and non credit, degree and non degree.
- Through the college, Cal State Northridge has become a nationally recognized leader in distance education by focusing on providing programs tailored to the needs of mid-career professionals and creating systems that support every aspect of distance learning.
- The college recently launched two major certificate programs: the Certificate in Communication and Conflict Management and the Fundamentals of Business Administration Certificate.
- The college has been involved with international programs for more than 25 years, and has been recognized for creating custom-designed offerings at international locations.
- In its 27-year history, the Intensive English Program (IEP) has graduated more than 20,000 students from about 60 countries. To accommodate student needs, the IEP has become an official Educational Testing Service TOEFL Internet-based testing center.
- More than 800 students have graduated from the Master of Public Administration program since it began more than two decades ago, and many now hold management positions at nearly every level of governments across the U.S. and internationally.
- The college received a "Golden Eagle" grand prize award from the
Los Angeles County Quality and Productivity Commission for innovative financial, process and service initiatives implemented by the county.
- The college has a long history of award-winning contracted programs, including projects with the American Embassy School in New Delhi; the Boeing Company; Countrywide Financial; Exxon; ITT Industries; Jet Propulsion Laboratory; NASA; Northrop Grumman; and the State of California.