College of Business & Economics
Director of Development
- Management associate professor Richard Kernochan has been named a Fulbright Scholar, the flagship international educational exchange program sponsored by the U.S. government. Professor Kernochan spent the 2009 spring semester at the Hue College of Economics in Hue, Vietnam, focusing on strategic management.
- Cal State Northridge business students, at the Wayne and Roberta Colmer Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, prepared more than 2,000 tax forms, in spring 2009, for low income families and individuals, representing more than $150,000 savings in tax preparation fees.
- Marketing associate professor Franck Vigneron received the “Best Paper of the Decade” award from the Academy of Marketing Science Review for his paper, “A Review and a Conceptual Framework of Prestige-seeking Consumer Behavior.”
- The Bookstein Tax Clinic received a $58,000 matching grant from the U.S. Treasury Department to support its activities and service in the community. The Bookstein Tax Clinic provides free federal tax controversy resolution services to low-income taxpayers residing in the Los Angeles area.
- Marketing professor Mary Curren received the 2008 “Paper of the Year” award from the Marketing Educators’ Association for her paper, “Building a Marketing Curriculum to Support Courses in Social Entrepreneurship and Social Venture Competitions.” In 2009, Mary Curren was selected by the Marketing Educator Association as the Marketing Professor of the Year.
- California State University, Northridge and the Valley Economic Alliance, co-sponsored the Economic Summit showcased an inspiring lineup of speakers and knowledgeable panelists highlighted by the College of Business and Economics’ Valley Economic Report from the San Fernando Valley Economic Research Center and the Real Estate Report from The Center for Real Estate.