CSUN Aquatic Center
John Van Arsdale, director, Aquatic Center at Castaic Lake, (661) 257-0571
Founded in 1976, the CSUN Aquatic Center is part of the university's Department of Recreation and Tourism Management. The Center has become known throughout the community for its excellence in boating and water safety education, and includes a 10,000 square foot facility, complete with faculty and staff meeting rooms, small conference rooms, and a section that can be converted into a conference retreat or workshop area that can accommodate more than 300 individuals.
- Boating and water safety education programs to CSUN students, faculty, staff & alumni.
- Water sports program designed for disabled students and community members.
- No-cost boating and water safety education programs for local schools and community centers.
- Serves as an ongoing technical advisor to the Department of Boating and Waterways, State of California.
- Works with universities, schools, and community groups to help individuals train for water skiing, wakeboard and sailing competitions and to host competitions.
Trent Morgan, director, A.S. Recreational Sports, (818) 677-3225
Michelle M. Messiha, assistant director, A.S. Recreational Sports,
- Associated Students and the University Student Union offer you a well rounded facility containing cardio equipment, selectorized weight machines, free weights, a 6-lane swimming pool, locker rooms with showers, group fitness sessions, fitness interns, peer nutrition counselors and a boxing studio (no sparring).
- Open to CSUN students, faculty, staff, alumni and members of the community (fees are prorated weekly and vary by member category).
Hours of operation:
Monday–Thursday 7 am–10 pm, Friday 7 am–7 pm, Saturday 8 am–5 pm.
All information is subject to change at anytime and without notice. Please call the Fitness Centre directly at (818) 677-3604 or check the website at http://www.csunas.org/asrec.
High Ropes Challenge Course
Department of Recreation and Tourism Management
Dr. Craig Finney, (818) 677-2821
- Consists of a variety of activities including cable bridges, zip lines, rope ladders, log balancing beams, rock climbing wall, rings, leap of faith and a rope bridge.
- Serves as a laboratory for students, faculty, staff, organizations and corporations in the San Fernando Valley.
- Designed to help participants increase team productivity, enhance communication and problem solving skills, build trust and self esteem and spark creativity in a recreational environment.
- Participants are secured at all times while on the different elements and sessions are led by certified High Ropes Challenge Course instructors.
- Each workshop is customized and prices are negotiable based on the needs of the organization.
Sunny Days Summer Camp
An exciting and fun summer day camp for children grades K–7. Campers enjoy air-conditioned facilities and spacious outside play areas—all with a low camper-to-counselor ratio. Daily activities include arts and crafts, swimming, drama, and sports. Campers attend off-site field trips on Wednesdays, including the L.A. Zoo, Skateland, museums, and many more. Sunny Days also offers a half-day camp to compliment the Summer Enrichment Program offered by the Department of Elementary Education.