August 25, 2021
CSUN is excited to welcome many of you and our students back to campus. With the fall semester just around the corner, we need your help to keep everyone in our community safe.
As communicated in recent messages, students, faculty, staff and student employees coming to campus for any reason, will need to provide certification of full vaccination status or request a medical or religious exemption by September 30, 2021. For our represented employees, this timeline is encouraged and allows you the ability to opt out of weekly testing while the meet and confer process with our union partners continues.
If you’ve already provided your vaccination or exemption status, thank you. If you haven’t done so yet, here are some quick links to make it easier to share your information.
Are you vaccinated?
- Submit your vaccination information through the myNorthridge Portal. Once logged into the portal, under the Policies and Procedures pagelet of the Faculty or Staff tab, select the EE Vaccine Self-Certification link and complete the form accordingly.
Not yet vaccinated? Here’s how to get your COVID-19 vaccine.
Vaccination plays one of the most vital roles in keeping our campus and community healthy, and we encourage all who can be vaccinated to do so as soon as possible. If you haven’t already received your vaccine, now is the time to get your COVID-19 vaccination!
- Appointments are free and available through myturn.ca.gov.
- If you are receiving the Pfizer vaccine, you must get your first dose by August 26 in order to meet the September 30 timeline.
- If you are receiving the Johnson and Johnson/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine, you must receive your single dose by September 16 in order to meet the September 30 timeline.
Are you seeking a medical or religious exemption?
- Go to the myNorthridge Portal to request a medical or religious exemption. Once logged into the portal, under the Policies and Procedures pagelet of the Faculty or Staff tab, select the EE Vaccine Self-Certification link and complete the form accordingly.
Testing (Does not apply to you if you are fully vaccinated and have submitted your certification or if you will not be coming to campus at all.)
Employees who are not yet fully vaccinated or have received a medical or religious exemption will need to take weekly, free COVID-19 PCR tests if coming to campus for any reason.
- A negative COVID-19 PCR test result is required within 7 days of coming to campus and weekly thereafter.
- Employees may select a test on-campus or test from home option by completing this Testing form.
- On-campus testing will be available Monday through Friday, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., at kiosks located near the Extended University Commons and University Student Union (USU) Freudian Sip. Test results will be provided 24 - 48 hours after test date.
- If you have questions about testing, call 818-677-6566 or email email@example.com.
If you will not be coming to campus at all during the Fall semester.
- Go to the myNorthridge Portal and indicate you will not be coming to campus for any reason during the fall semester. Once logged into the portal, under the Policies and Procedures pagelet of the Faculty or Staff tab, select the EE Vaccine Self-Certification link and complete the form accordingly.
EVERYONE – vaccinated and unvaccinated – must complete this online daily screening before coming on campus.
- Employee Health Screening Survey
- If you are cleared to come to campus forward the clearance email to your Appropriate Administrator.
- If you are not cleared to come to campus, stay home, advise your Appropriate Administrator and consult with your physician.
Want more details about COVID-19 vaccinations and testing requirements?
Still have questions?
We are here to answer them!
The health and safety of the campus community is a shared responsibility. Thank you again to the Matadors who have already submitted your certification of vaccination. Thank you as well for your help in completing the steps outlined above to kick off the fall semester successfully.
Fall 2021 Tactical Repopulation Team Chairs:
Mary Beth Walker, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
William Watkins, Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
Colin Donahue, Vice President for Administration and Finance & CFO