The mission of University Advancement at Cal State Northridge is to enhance the University's reputation, help build and strengthen its financial resources, and expand its network and influence through strategic communications and the engagement of internal and external stakeholders.
Million Dollar Private Gifts
- $10 million from music icon Mike Curb to support the Mike Curb College of Arts, Media, and Communications, the Imagine the Arts Campaign, and the Music Department’s Music Industry Studies Program.
- A $7.3 million bequest from Mary and Jack Bayramian to fund two new major university scholarship programs and support the Imagine the Arts Campaign.
- $7 million from Jane and Michael D. Eisner through their family foundation to endow Michael D. Eisner College of Education.
- $2 million from inventor and space pioneer Ernie Schaeffer to endow the Ernie Schaeffer Center on Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the College of Engineering and Computer Science.
- $2 million from Clyde Porter for the Imagine the Arts Campaign.
- $2 million from Abbott and Linda Brown for the Abbott and Linda Brown Western Center for Adaptive Aquatic Therapy, which provides services for people with chronic physical disabilities.
- $1 million from alumnus Harvey Bookstein to create the Harvey and Harriet Bookstein Chair in Taxation in the College of Business and Economics.
- $1 million from alumnus Mory Ejabat to create the first endowed chair in the College of Engineering and Computer Science.
- $1 million from Alan and Elaine Armer for Cinema and Television Arts and to name the Alan and Elaine Armer Theatre in the Mike Curb College of Arts, Media, and Communications.
* This is a partial list of million-dollar donors.