CSUN's Testing Center provides students, faculty, staff and the community with high-quality testing and instructional assessment services. The center follows the National College Testing Association Professional Standards and Guidelines, as well as governmental regulations that promote responsible fiscal, legal, ethical and equitable practices.
Within this framework, the Testing Center strives to:
- Help students meet his or her needs for different programs
- Provide a public service by offering computer-based and paper and pencil testing services
- Collaborate with faculty and administrators, other colleges and universities, testing companies and national organizations to keep abreast of all aspects related to our services
- Provide a quality testing environment that is clean, comfortable, quiet and user friendly
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Act as a repository of information for university testing activities and community testing needs
Charity Chia directs development and operations for the university's testing services, which facilitate degree completion and promote access and enrollment. She has worked at CSUN for more than 10 years — first in Admissions and Records and now as coordinator for the Testing Center. Ms. Chia earned her bachelor's degree in accounting from Truman State University in Missouri.