The goal of the new program is to broadly educate students about the fundamental concepts of sustainability including economic, environmental, and social aspects. It is designed to supplement education in other disciplines and to provide knowledge of the considerations necessary to make decisions in a world where resources are limited.
- A Undergraduate Minor in Sustainability
- A Graduate Program in Sustainability has been approved by the university and is currently under development. Please continue to check the website for updates.
- A GE path in Sustainability began in Fall 2012.
- A Sustainability Track in Liberal Studies will began in Fall 2013.
- A Climate Science Program was developed in collaboration with the Department of Mathematics.
All sustainability curriculum are housed in the College of Humanities, and advising is hosted by the Liberal Studies in Education Room 100. Students interested in meeting with an advisor to discuss the minor can call (818)677-3100 directly to schedule an appointment.