Dr. David Yeager, 2017
- Addressing achievement gaps with psychological interventions.
- Mindset interventions are a scalable treatment for academic underachievement.
- Social-Psychological Interventions in Education: They’re Not Magic.
- How to Motivate Students to Work Harder
- Psychological insights for improved physics teaching
Dr. Estela Bensimon, 2016
- The Underestimated Significance of Practitioner Knowledge in the Scholarship on Student Success
- Contextual Problem Defining Learning to Think and Act from the Standpoint of Equity
- Closing the Achievement Gap in Higher Education
- Committing to Equity and Inclusive Excellence
- Confronting Equity Issues On Campus
Dr. Shaun Harper, 2015
Quaye, S., & Harper, S. (2014). Student engagement in higher education: Theoretical perspectives and practical approaches for diverse populations. New York: Routledge.
This book is available electronically through the Oviatt Library:
http://library.csun.edu/ >> Search for: Harper Student Engagement.
You will be prompted to add your log-in-information, then the online book will be visible online.
Just published on March 1, 2015!!
Harper, S., & Wood, J. Luke (Eds.). (2015). Advancing Black male student success from preschool through Ph.D., Sterling, WV: Stylus.
The following are available electronically from the CSUN library or you may contact Merril Simon (email@example.com) direct for e-copies of any of the these articles.
Harper, S. (2010). Race-conscious student and the equitable distribution of enriching educational experiences. Liberal Education, 95(4), 38-45.
Harper, S. (2015.) Success in these schools? Visual counternarratives of young men of color and urban high schools they attend. Urban Education, 50(2), 139-169.
Harper, S., & Hurtado, S. (2007). Nine themes in campus racial climates and implications for institutional transformation. New Directions for Student Services, 120. DOI: 10.1002/ss.254.
Harper, S. (2010). An anti-deficit achievement framework for research on students of color in STEM. New Directions for Institutional Research, 148, 63-74.
Harper (2012, Fall). Race without racism–How higher education researchers minimize racist institutional norms. Research in Higher Education, 36(1) Supplment, 9-29. DOI: 10.1353/rhe.2012.0047
Dr. Laura I. Rendón, 2014
Read through some of the various work by Dr. Laura Rendón involving Validation Theory and her work in Social Justice in Higher Education:
Dr. Laura Rendón's presentation (PDF, 2 slides per page)
Sentipensante (Sensing/Thinking) Pedagogy: Educating for Wholeness, Social Justice and Liberation (2008)
- Read the introduction to Sentipensante (Sensing/Thinking) Pedagogy on Google Books
- Read the full e-book version available through the Oviatt Library Website