Register to use the Student Recreation Center (SRC) with our cutting-edge hand reader at the Student Recreation Center. All you’ll need is your CSUN user ID and password. Non-students will need to be prepared to pay the appropriate membership fee.
Enter the SRC with just your hand! There's no need to carry I.D.s or badges, remembering more passwords and waiting in long lines. Our biometrics technology measures the unique geometry of an individual’s hand for secure and fast identity recognition. It’s as simple as shaking hands.
Have questions or concerns regarding biometrics? Please see our biometrics FAQ.
Under 18 years of age?
Your parent/guardian will need to sign the SRC waiver and guidelines form on your behalf before you can register and use the facility. The SRC will need to receive the originally signed document (not a scanned or faxed copy). You can either drop the document off at the front desk of the SRC or you can have your parent/guardian mail it in. Mailed documents should be sent to:
Attn: Kaila Lavin
University Student Union — Student Recreation Center
California State University, Northridge
18111 Nordhoff St
Northridge, CA 91330-8449
Please note that all documents will need to include the student’s name and CSUN ID number. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the SRC at:
Avoid Long Lines
Quick tips for a fast check in
- Have your CSUN ID Number ready to go.
- Punch in your ID Number and wait for the lights to indicate proper placement.
- Slide your hand, keep it flat, and squeeze the prongs.
- Make sure your palm and fingers are in contact with the hand-reader.
Good to know
- Lock up your scooter or skateboard across from the SRC before you get in line
- Padlocks are limited, please bring your own
- Scan your hand to borrow/return towels
- Bags need to be stored safely in the lockers
- Expect longer lines at peak times (noon – 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. – midnight)
- Classes are popular! Sign up for group exercise classes as early as one day in advance online, or in person at the Total Training Zone desk. Online registration will close 10 minutes prior to the class start time. Only in-person registration will be accepted from that point at the Total Training Zone desk.