The program is open to all SRC members with an active summer membership. Any non-SRC member participating in the program must purchase a guest pass for each day of attendance at the facility and also be accompanied by an SRC member at the time of entry.
I Work Out: Team Edition FAQs
Who can participate in this program?
Who is eligible to win prizes offered in the program?
Only SRC members and SRC/USU student employees whose team has successfully registered for the program by Sunday, June 12 and collected the minimum number of tickets during the duration of the program (6/6 – 6/19).
How do I register a team for the I Work Out program?
Interested participants must form a team of TWO (2) and must review the program details provided on the SRC I Work Out webpage. However, only the team captain will submit ONE (1) registration form for the team. The team captain must be an SRC member with an active summer membership.
Registration will occur online and in-person starting Tuesday, May 24 through Saturday, June 18. After Monday, June 6 only online registration will be available.
The following information is required at the time of registration:
- Team name
- Team members names (first and last), membership status and contact information
Once a team has been registered, the team captain may stop by the SRC front desk and receive their “Success = Motivation + Teamwork” wristbands.*
*While supplies last.
How do I know if my team registration was received?
The team captain will receive a confirmation email sent to the provided email address once the registration form has been successfully completed online or in-person at the SRC front desk. If you are unsure whether your registration has been accepted, the SRC front desk can confirm whether your entry was received on the team roster.
Are team members required to work out at the same time?
No. The program is designed to allow team members to work out both individually or as a team, if they choose to, without any penalty. Any non-SRC member participating in the program must purchase a guest pass for each day of attendance at the facility and also be accompanied by an SRC member (not restricted to teammates) at the time of entry.
Where can I go to track my team’s ranking status?
Tickets received from registered team members will be updated on the electronic tally board located on the I Work Out webpage by 4 p.m. on the next business day. Standings will only be updated Monday through Friday.
Where do I go to receive tickets?
Team members can collect activity tickets at any desk located in the SRC (e.g., Front desk, Fitness Zone desks, Oasis Wellness Center, Shake Smart and Aquatics desk) and placed within the designated ticket collector canisters. A ticket may only be collected by completing an activity in one or more of the respective categories listed on the website. Activity tickets cannot be transferred or applied to another category.
How many tickets may be collected per day?
Each team member may receive a maximum of one (1) ticket per category per day by participating in any eligible activity listed on the I Work Out webpage. A maximum of five (5) tickets per team member, per day may be collected with a maximum of ten (10) tickets per team, per day may be received.
What are the activities and categories in which a ticket may be received?
Qualifying Activity Categories: A maximum of ONE (1) ticket per category, per day per, team member may be received.
- Cardio Endurance
- A group exercise class with the red dot next to its name. See GX Schedule.
- Participate in the Boxing Training Program (New members will be required to complete an orientation prior to participating. Sign up at Total Training Zone desk).
- Use of any cardio equipment such as the treadmill, elliptical, bike, stairmill, rower or UBE.
- Use of the indoor track for walking or running.
- Participate in any Open Recreation activities such as basketball, volleyball, soccer or boxing.
- Use of a swimming pool.
- Participate in Intramurals (Basketball is available in summer).
- Attend an Outdoor Adventures trip.
- Endurance, Strength & Power
- A group exercise class with the yellow dot next to its name. See GX Schedule.
- Use of any strength equipment located in any one of the three (3) training zones such as selectorize equipment, plate-loaded equipment, dumbbells, etc.
- Use of the rock wall (Members will be required to sign a waiver at the SRC front desk before participating on the rock wall).
- A group exercise class with the blue dot next to its name. See GX Schedule.
- Perform stretching or foam rolling activities in any one of the three training zones.
- Attend an Art Workshop or a Yoga / Meditation class at the Oasis Wellness Center (Services only available to CSUN students).
- Lay out by a pool.
- Brain Teaser
- Daily e-mails will be sent to registered team members based on content provided in the online Fitness and Nutrition workshops, as well as the I Work Out webpage.
Qualifying Bonus Activities: Team members may also participate in any of the following activities to receive a bonus ticket to be applied towards their teams’ daily total. The following information must be submitted onto the bonus ticket at the time of receipt: Team name and date. A maximum of one (1) bonus ticket per team member, per day.
- Purchase any regular size shake at Shake Smart.
- Equipment Orientation (sign up at the Bryan Green Matador Training Zone desk).
- Fitness Evaluation (sign up at the Bryan Green Matador Training Zone desk).
- Wear your “I Work Out” wristband on Teamwork Tuesdays or Successful Sundays and receive one (1) bonus ticket for registered team members.
- Respond to the daily Brain Teaser through one of the SRC’s social media (Facebook or Twitter) and receive a bonus ticket.
How many tickets must my team collect in order to be entered to win Meaningful Milestone incentives?
- Meaningful Milestone #1: 20 tickets = SRC Earbuds + one (1) grand prize raffle entry
- Meaningful Milestone #2: 40 tickets = SRC Water Bottle + one (1) grand prize raffle entry
- Meaningful Milestone #3: 80 tickets = “I Work Out” Cooler Bag + (1) grand prize raffle entry
- Meaningful Milestone #4: 120 tickets = “I Work Out” T-shirt + (1) grand prize raffle entry
In order to be entered into the Grand Prize Raffle, teams must have received a minimum of 20 tickets and by June 19.
Teams who successfully reach a Meaningful Milestone will receive a confirmation email. In order for each team member to claim their designated incentive, make sure to present the confirmation email to the SRC Pro Shop employee (digital or printed copies accepted). Each team member will be required to scan their hand and enter their CSUN credentials before receiving any incentive.
What is the deadline to collect activity tickets in order to receive Meaningful Milestone incentives and to be entered the Grand Prize Raffle?
Tickets collected from Monday, June 6 through Sunday, June 19 will be applied to team’s overall tally. Incentives for achieving Meaningful Milestone are subject to availability. In order to be entered into the Grand Prize Raffle, teams must have received a minimum of 20 tickets and by Monday, June 20. For each Meaningful Milestone reached, teams will receive one (1) entry ticket into the Grand Prize Raffle.
What kind of prizes can my team win by participating in the program?
In order for teams to be eligible for Meaningful Milestone incentives, the minimum number of tickets for each must be met. Incentives include SRC earbuds, SRC Water Bottle, I Work Out Cooler Bag and an I Work Out T-shirt. While supplies last.
For each Meaningful Milestone achieved, teams will receive one (1) entry ticket into the Grand Prize Raffle to win the one of the following per team member:
- Wellness Essentials Pack ($50 Massage Gift Card, plus other essential items to enhance your overall wellness)
- Fitness Essentials Pack (FitBit Charge HR Sleep and Activity Tracker, plus other essential items to get your fitness on!)
How can my team participate at the “I Work Out” Final Team Challenge?
The first 24 teams to reach Meaningful Milestone #1 or collect a total of 20 tickets first will be invited to compete against other teams in a challenge of the mind and body. Eligible teams will be contacted directly and asked to RSVP to the event by a set deadline. If a response is not received by the deadline, the next eligible team will be contacted until all 24 slots have been filled. The Final Team Challenge will be held on Thursday, June 23 12:30 to 2 p.m. at in the MatArena.
When is the I Work Out Final Team Challenge?
The Final Team Challenge will be held on Thursday, June 23 from 12:30 to 2 p.m. in the MatArena (located on the south end of the building on the second floor). Spectators and other teams not competing in the Final Team Challenge are welcome to attend and cheer on their favorite teams as they compete against other teams in a challenge of the mind and body. Spectators will also have the chance to win incentives during the event.
What kind of prizes could my team win if we compete in the I Work Out Final Challenge?
The top 24 teams invited to participate in the Final Team Challenge on Thursday, June 23 from 12:30 to 2 p.m. will be eligible for the following prizes.
Teams competing in the Final Team Challenge will be incentivized to invite other SRC members to spectate the event. The team with the most spectators checked-in during the event time will receive a $25 gift card!
- Top ten (10) teams with the most points earned during the final challenge will receive:
- Extra Grand Prize Raffle entry
- SRC Swag Bag
- Top three (3) teams with the best time in the final relay will receive:
- A commemorative I Work Out Final Team Challenge medal.
- $10 Gift Cards (Shake Smart, iTunes or Spotify) per each team member.
- Photo taken for the SRC trophy case along with all of the bragging rights.
When will teams be notified if they won a Grand Prize?
In order to be considered for any grand prize, at least one (1) team member must be present at the ceremony held immediately after the Final Team Challenge on Thursday, June 23 from 12:30 to 2 p.m. in the MatArena. Spectators and other teams not competing in the Final Team Challenge are welcome to attend and cheer on their favorite teams as they compete against other teams in a challenge of the mind and body.