1.1 Important Contact Information
Kristofer Newsome, Intramural Coordinator
1.2 Intramural Program Vision Statement
The intramural sports program offers California State University, Northridge students, faculty, and staff the opportunity to participate in a variety of individual and team sports at various levels of competition. Intramural sports strives to provide structured and organized programs while assisting in the fulfillment of such basic human needs as relaxation, socialization, achievement, and physical wellness while promoting teamwork and mutual respect. It is the goal of the intramural sports program to provide the CSUN community the opportunity to participate in the sport of their choice in a fun, friendly, and safe environment.
1.3 Program Eligibility
All California State University, Northridge students, faculty, and staff are eligible to compete in intramural activities.
All participants are required to sign the waiver and pay the intramural fee before competing in any intramural event. The intramural fee for students is $5 per student for the entire semester. The intramural for faculty and staff is $10 per faculty or staff member for the entire semester.
All intramural participants are responsible for their own access into the playing area. For events inside the Student Recreation Center, the participant must secure their own access. Faculty, staff, and Tseng College participants must either purchase an SRC membership or purchase an SRC guest pass on the day of their intramural activity in order to compete.
1.4 Registration Process
To register for intramurals, all intramural participants will be required to create an account on IMLeagues.com.
To create an IMLeagues account
Note: IMLeagues offers a live support button in the top right corner of all pages, please use this button if you encounter any difficulties.
- Go to www.imleagues.com/csun/registration or
- Enter your information, using your CSUN email (@csun.edu or @my.csun.edu) and submit.
- You will be sent an activation email, click the link in the email to login and activate your IMLeagues account.
- You should be automatically joined to CSUN — If not you can search for CSUN by clicking the Schools link
How to sign up for an intramural sport:
- Log in to your IMLeagues.com account.
- Click the Create/Join Team button at the top right of your user homepage page or
- Click on the Cal State Northridge link to go to the CSUN homepage on IMLeagues.
- The current sports will be displayed, click on the sport you wish to join.
- Choose the league you wish to play in (men’s, women’s, fraternity, sorority, etc.)
- Choose the division you’d like to play in (Monday 7, Tuesday 9, etc.)
- You can join the sport in one of three ways:
- Create a team (For team captains)
- Captains can invite members to join their team by clicking the Invite Members link on the team page. Any invited members must accept the invitation to be added to the team roster.
- If they have already registered on IMLeagues: search for their name and invite them
- If they have not yet registered on IMLeagues: scroll down to the Invite by Email Address box and input their email address.
- Join a team
- An individual may join a team by:
- Use the Create/Join Team button at the top right of every page
- Accepting a request from the captain to join his/her team
- Finding the team and captain name on the division/league page and requesting to join
- Going to the captain's playercard page, viewing his/her team, and requesting to join
- An individual may join a team by:
- Join as a Free Agent
- You can list yourself as a free agent in as many division within a league as you'd like. You will be visible to all members of the site and can request to join teams, or port information about yourself so teams can request to add you to their team.
1.5 Activities Schedule
Intramural activities will include, but are not limited to, flag football, ultimate frisbee, soccer, softball, basketball, volleyball, floor hockey, futsal, inner tube water polo, table tennis, and badminton.
Intramural activities take place both within the Student Recreation Center and outside of it. Indoor activities such as basketball, volleyball, and floor hockey will take place at the SRC in either the Red Ring Courts or the MatArena. Some indoor sport championship games may take place in the Matadome (Redwood Hall). Outdoor activities such as flag football, ultimate frisbee, and soccer will take place on the SRC turf field. Intramural activities that make use of the pool will occur in the REC Pool located at the SRC.