Take on a challenge and win BIG! Each challenge is uniquely designed to encourage SRC members to engage in fitness activities in order to reach the ultimate goal and be entered to win some awesome prizes. For more information, review the challenge details for each available challenge.
SRC Fitness Challenges
2017 Spring Swim Challenge: Team Edition on Monday, April 3 – Friday, May 5
Take the Challenge to Win and Stay Fit this Spring at the SRC!
Monday, April 3 – Friday, May 5
The Student Recreation Center Aquatics Department is inviting all members to grab a friend and swim your hearts out this spring during the SRC Swim Challenge: Team Edition. Splash into shape at the Rec and Plaza Pools for your chance to win cool prizes and giveaways. The more your team swims, the more you win!
- Participants must complete their laps within the five-week time period.
- The maximum number of yards per day, per person is 3,000.
- The first team to swim 60,000 yards wins the first-place prize, with subsequent finishers placing second, third, fourth and fifth.
- Each participant will have to manually input their daily yards completed.
- First Place: $35 gift card to the CSUN Campus Store
- Second Place: $30 gift card to the CSUN Campus Store
- Third Place: $25 gift card to the CSUN Campus Store
- Fourth and Fifth Place: SRC Towel Service for a semester
There will also be giveaways for those who reach the following distance milestones:
- Register: SRC Workout Towel
- 20k yds (800 laps): SRC Sunglasses
- 40k yds (1,600 laps): SRC Water Bottle
- 60k yds (2,400 laps): SRC Aquatics Mesh Bag
Sign up on the SRC Challenges Portal or in-person at the Aquatics tabling station near the SRC Ridge Rock Wall at the SRC. Swim Challenge: Team Edition begins on Monday, April 3, so sign up early and get ready to go the distance!
StrongMatador: TRX® 40/40 Challenge
Here’s your chance to claim the ultimate title at the SRC!
Monday, April 10 – Friday, April 14
Do you have what it takes to be named StrongMatador? Then get ready to put your strength to the test during our new StrongMatador: TRX® 40/40 Challenge at the Student Recreation Center! It’s the first edition of the new StrongMatador fitness series at the SRC and it will be a true test of your physical abilities.
- This challenge is open to all SRC members with an active membership.
- Each competitor will be required to complete a registration form, a challenge form and a technique standards form before competing.
- Competitors must complete their timed rounds within the five-day time period.
- The maximum number of repetitions per round is 40.
- The top competitors from each bracket (male and female) to reach the highest number of repetitions in the least amount of time will win the grand prize.
- Each round will be timed, administered and recorded by a qualified TRX® Instructor.
- Winners will be contacted by Tuesday, April 18 and must claim their prize no later than Tuesday, April 25. In the event that a winner does not claim their prize by this deadline, the competitor with the next best score will be contacted.
- TRX Atomic Push-up
- TRX Low Row
- StrongMatador T-Shirt (For Top 10 Competitors)
- TRX Go Suspension Trainer
- StrongMatador Champion Medal
- Showcase on SRC Social Media
To register and view full challenge rules, please visit the SRC Challenges Portal.