Department of Urban Studies and Planning
California State University, Northridge
James Ring Scholarship Awards
The James Ring Scholarship Award was inaugurated during the spring semester of 2001 and offered annually thereafter. This financial award to Urban Studies and Planning majors is made possible through the donation of James Ring a distinguished alumnus who graduated from the Department of Urban Studies and Planning in the class of 1972. The intent of the award is to help students achieve their academic and career goals. Two scholarship awards of $1,000 will be made.
Interested applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be a major in Urban Studies and Planning
- Have a minimum of 60 units at the end of the spring semester in which they are applying for the scholarship.
- Graduating seniors are ineligible.
- Submit an essay of at least 500 words clearly indicating how the recipient will use the scholarship to assist in achieving career objectives.
- Attend the department ceremony where the scholarship is awarded.
The faculty committee reviewing the applications believes strong candidates should:
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.2.
- Have a GPA of at least 3.5 for all courses taken for the Urban Studies and Planning major.
- Demonstrate meaningful service activity through participation in campus or community organizations.
Applicants must submit the requested materials by 13 March 2015. If you have any questions, please contact Professor Henrik Minassians, Ring Scholarship Committee Chair, Department of Urban Studies and Planning (818) 677- 5115 or 2904 or email email@example.com
Please submit materials to:
Professor Henrik Minassians
James Ring Scholarship Committee
Department Urban Studies and Planning, SH 214A
California State University Northridge
Northridge, CA 91330