2014 - 2015 Academic Year
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Lauren McDonald
President: Elizabeth Bogumil
- I am a graduate student interested in urban planning, quality of life, walkable communities and open space usage. Ultimately, I plan to earn a PhD in Sociology or Urban Planning which will allow me to contribute to research on cities and new urban development while encouraging and teaching the next generation of sociologists and urban planners.
- In AKD I am responsible for guiding the overall direction ofmAKD and promoting student involvement by coordinating beneficial and engaging activities.
- Personally, I enjoy exploring L.A., documentaries, my biennial road trips across the U.S. and regional history.
Vice President: Karen Sabbah
- Hello Alpha Kappa Delta Sociology Honor Society members! I am your chapter Vice President in my third year in the graduate program.
- My focus is on Sex and Gender and Culture. Upon completion of my M.A., I plan on pursuing teaching opportunities at the Community College.
- In my “spare” time, I work on renovating my house, enjoying the outdoors, and volunteering where I can.
If you have any questions about anything, just ask, I’m happy to answer.
Secretary: Siobhan Goldberg
- Hello everyone! My name is Siobhan Goldberg, and I am a third year graduate student in the Sociology Department. I received my B.A. in Psychology from CSUN after transferring over from Moorpark Community College. My areas of academic interests lie in education as well as race and ethnic relations. I’m interested in pursuing a career as an instructor at the community college level. One of my favorite past times is to travel to different countries and exploring new cultures.
Treasurer: Patricia Lara
- A little bit about me: After completing my A.A. at College of the Canyons, I transferred to CSUN and earned a B. A. in Sociology as an Option 2 Criminology and Criminal Justice student.
- Currently, I am in my second year of Graduate school. My main areas of interest are Criminology, Sex & Gender, and Deviance.
- Some of my hobbies include drawing and walking my little Jack Russell Terrier, Lady.
- At the moment, I have no set paths after Graduate School. I am leaning toward pursuing a career in Law Enforcement
Volunteer Coordinator: Tracy Reed
Graduate Advisor: Sarah Stembridge
- 2nd year grad student interested in media and sex & gender
- would like to teach at the community college level
- PhD? Only time will tell
- Lover of lindy hop, old movies, Kurt Vonnegut, jazz music and crossword puzzles