Designed to prepare students for careers in public child welfare. The first-year designated field placement is a non-profit child welfare agency that targets Title IV-E children and families.
The second-year designated field placement is at a County public child welfare agency (DCFS), where students will have the opportunity to practice and develop skills and tasks consistent with those of Children's Social Workers in public child welfare.
Full Time Students (On-campus Two-year Program Only)
- The IV-E Stipends provide support of $18,500 for each academic year the student is in the MSW Program
- For full-time students, this stipend is for two years
- Two (2) Academic years of stipends equal to two (2 ) calendar years of work-back service in public child welfare agency anywhere in state of California
Three Year Students (DCFS Employees in the On-campus Three-year Program Only)
- Reimbursement for educational costs for each year in MSW program
- Three (3) academic years of reimbursement requires two (2) calendar years of work-back service
- Valid U.S. driver's license
- Current automobile insurance
- Successful security clearances (criminal, medical, psychological)
- U.S. citizenship or possession of a permanent United States Work Visa
- Enrollment and completion of two (2) Child Welfare elective courses, which take place in the concentration year
As with all stipends, there will be a competitive application process and availability is dependent on funding and agency availability. Students should also be prepared with other financial aid plans should they not be selected. Also, the award of some stipends may change the amount of financial aid a student is eligible for.
More information will be emailed or presented to admitted students as it becomes relevant.