We are very excited to announce that the Master of Social Work Alumni Association (MSWAA) Chapter became an official chapter of the CSUN Alumni Association on July 1, 2011. Membership is open to any CSUN graduate who is a member of the CSUN Alumni Association.
The 2014/2015 board members are:
- Luis Curiel, Class of 2008, President
- Jennifer Monjack, Class of 2007, Vice-President
- Marvin Milian, Class of 2008, Treasurer
- Leah McGowan, Class of 2010, Secretary
- Tracey Downs, Class of 2010, Chair of Community Involvement Committee
- Hilda Quigley, Class of 2010, Chair of Membership Committee
- Frank Costello, Class of 2007, Chair of Communications/Newsletter Committee
The chapter will be hosting events throughout the year focusing on networking and professional development for MSW alumni, socializing, and raising money for scholarships for current and future MSW students.
Some of the goals of the Masters in Social Work Alumni Association chapter include:
- To create opportunities for MSW alumni to become more connected to and interactive with the university, its students, community members, agencies and organizations.
- To honor and showcase our alumni.
- To strengthen and improve the chapter, which in turn, will provide additional financial and personal resources to promote the welfare and intellectual progress of current and former students at Cal State Northridge.
- To raise funds to create scholarships for MSW students, conduct mixers and other social gatherings that promote the mission of MSW Alumni association.
If you would like more information or are interested in becoming a MSWAA member, email Luis Curiel at or select JOIN THE MSW ALUMNI ASSOCIATION. Whether you are a current or new member of the CSUN Alumni Association, please contact the CSUN Alumni Relations office (818) 677-2137 or at the website and let them know you would like to designate your membership dues to the MSW Alumni Chapter: a portion of your membership dues goes directly to the MSWAA Chapter to help further our chapter activities!
Alumni: Please be advised of BBS Updates effective 08/12/2014.