- Ph.D. from the University of California, Santa Barbara, in 1998.
- 350 Great Questions in Politics
- 411 Greek, Roman, and Medieval Political Thought
- 412 Modern Western Political Theory
- 413 American Political Thought
- 414 Western Political Theory in the 20th Century
- 570 Seminar in Political Theory
- 597 Directive Comprehensive Studies
- 471D Proseminar:Political Theory
- 490CA Supervised Individual Project-California Government
Selected Publications and Presentations
“Thomas Hobbes’s Materialism, Language, and the Possibility of Politics”,
The Review of Politics (Spring 2008).
His "(Re)Turning Derrida to Heidegger: Being-with-others as Primordial Politics," appeared in Polity. He is currently at work on a book on Heidegger, Derrida, and postmodern politics. His most recent publication is "The Ethics and Politics of Dwelling," in Polity (2007).
Research and Interests
Dr. Dungey specializes in Modern and Contemporary political theory, with an emphasis in postmodern thought. Attempting to move beyond the modern conceptions of subjectivity, language, power, and the politics that express them, his research is mapping the territory of a postmodern politics.