Ph.D. from UCLA in 1967
- 155 American Political Institutions
- 310 Problems of Political Economy
- 350 Great Questions in Politics
- 355 American National, State, and Local Governments
- 441 Interest Groups
- 448 Women and Politics in the United States and the World
- 449 The Politics of Community Action
- 480 The Politics of Globalization
- 481 Globalization, Gender, and Democratization
- 471A Proseminar:American Government
- 471B Proseminar:Comparative Government
- 496CO Experimental Topics Courses in Political Science
- 496P Experimental Topics Courses in Political Science
- 496PG Experimental Topics Courses in Political Science
- 496W Experimental Topics Courses in Political Science
- 540A Seminar in American Government and Politics
- 540J Seminar in American Government and Politics
Selected Publications and Presentations
Her publications include: Ideologies and Interest Groups in the United States (Chandler and Sharp 1982); Minority Politics and Ideologies in the United States (Chandler and Sharp 1982); Comparable Worth, Pay Equity, and Public Policy (with Rita Mae Kelly) (Greenwood 1988); Women and Public Administration: International Perspectives (Hayworth 1991); Globalization, Gender, and Democratization (with Kelly, Hawkesworth and Young) (Rowman and Littlefield, 2001); Globalization, Gender, and Religion: The Politics of Women's Rights in Catholic and Muslim Contexts (with Norari Tohidi) (Palgrave 2001).
Research and Interests
The POLS 449 class that Dr. Bayes teaches specializes in placing students in national, state, and local governmental positions, as well as in community non-profit and business groups where students can integrate classroom learning with real world experience while obtaining academic credit.
Dr. Bayes is also the Director of the Institute of Gender, Globalization and Democracy at California State University, Northridge, and the director of a grant to develop an integrated curriculum on North American Studies. She is also a member of the International Social Science Association's Research Committee on Gender, Globalization, and Democratization.