- PhD, 1977, University of Washington
- MA, 1971, University of Washington
- BA, 1968, University of Washington
- Geography 305 - Maps and Graphics
- Geography 306 - Intermediate GIS
- Geography 494 - Internships
- Geography 101 - Physical Geography
- Geography 304 - Map and Air Photo Interpretation
- Geography 407 - Remote Sensing
- Geography 408 - Applications in GIS
- Geography 690 - Seminar in Cartography
Selected Publications and Presentations
Allen, James P. and Eugene Turner. We the People: An Atlas of America's EthnicDiversity , Macmillan, New York, 1988.
Allen, James and Eugene Turner, The Ethnic Quilt: Ethnic Diversity in Southern California . Northridge, CA, The Center for Geographical Studies, 1997.
Allen, James P. and Eugene Turner, Changing Faces, Changing Places: Mapping Southern Californians. Northridge, CA, The Center for Geographical Studies, 2002.
Research and Interests
- Computerized data handling and map graphics
- Geographic information systems
- Aerial photography and remote sensing