For basic health care needs, schedule an appointment with one of our primary care physicians or nurse practitioners. Primary care appointments must be made during regular appointment hours on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., or Thursday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Appointments are usually available within a week of request.
If you are ill, injured or have an urgent medical need, you may walk into the Klotz Student Health Center without an appointment. A triage nurse can evaluate you and may be able to arrange for a same-day appointment or provide a referral to meet your needs.
Scheduling an Appointment
Students can set up appointments over the phone by calling (818) 677-3666 or (818) 677-3692 TTY. When prompted on the automated system, select option one to schedule your appointments.
You can also schedule an online appointment for the following services.
- Licensed acupuncturist
- Birth control information
- Clinical health education
- HIV testing and counseling (free and confidential testing)
- Nutrition counseling
- Pap exam
- Physical exam
- Peer nutrition counseling (conducted by senior dietetic students)
- Pregnancy resources and counseling
- Reproductive and sexual health information for men and women
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing
- Substance use counseling
- Travel consultation
To schedule an appointment with the vision clinic, please call (818) 677-7250 or (818) 677-3692 TTY.
Dental appointments can be scheduled online or by calling (818) 677-3695 or (818) 677-3692 TTY.
When scheduling an appointment, make sure you have your CSUN student ID number, username and password if using the online system, a description of your symptoms, the days and times you’re available for an appointment and, if applicable, the name of your preferred clinician.
Canceling an Appointment
When you cancel an appointment the health center can offer the opening to another student, which leads to more patient visits and shorter wait times for appointments.
All appointments can be canceled by calling (818) 677-3666 or (818) 677-3692 TTY. If you leave a message, include your name, appointment date and time. Follow these easy steps for online cancellation.
- Log in to the online appointments page.
- Click on Appointments.
- Select the appointment you would like to cancel.
- Select Cancel Appointment.
- Select a reason.
- Click OK.
Patients who do not keep scheduled appointments are subject to a no-show charge. There is a $5 no-show charge for primary care visit appointment that are not canceled at least two hours beforehand.
The no-show fees for specialty service appointments that are not canceled at least one business day ahead of time are as follows.
- Acupuncture: $20
- Chiropractic: $10
- Dental: $25
- Dermatology: $25 for new appointments, $15 for follow-up appointments and $30 for procedure appointments. Additional charges may apply.
- Massage therapy: $20
- Optometry: $25
- Women’s health (colposcopy): $25
- Travel (consultations for health concerns or immunizations before international travel): $5
All quoted prices are subject to change without notice.
The services provided by the following specialists are available on a referral basis. To visit one of the following specialists, schedule an appointment with a primary care provider and request a referral.
- Gynecologist (referral from primary care physician for specialty service or test)
- Physical therapist
Unless instructed otherwise, students should check in for appointments at the first-floor reception desk of the Klotz Student Health Center.
First Appointment Information
New Klotz Student Health Center patients need to check in at the first-floor reception desk. Please remember to bring your CSUN student ID. To avoid delays and allow time to complete forms, plan to arrive at least 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment.