Density Questions Name:
1.Write the density formula below.
2. If you have a mineral sample with a volume of 4 ml and a mass of 20 grams, what is the density? Please show your work with the formula.
3. If you have a mineral sample with a volume of 40 ml and a mass of 200 grams, what is the density? Please show your work with the formula.
4. Imagine you have a graduated cylinder filled to the 50 ml mark. Then you add a piece of pyrite and the water rises to 57 ml. How much space is taken up by the pyrite?
Volume of pyrite=
5. Use the triple beam balance to weigh a penny. Record your results.
Mass of penny=
6. Use the beans and the paper cup to make a 15 gram weight. How many beans does it take?
# of beans=