CSUN Competition for Research, Scholarship and Creative Activity Awards
The office of Research and Sponsored Projects sponsors its own internal grant competition. Faculty may apply for 3 units of release time or a $5,000 mini-grant. In concert with the campus-wide effort to support scholarly activity by probationary faculty, those who have been at CSUN for 5 years or less are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Initiate a project with the expectation that the faculty member will apply for external funding or
- Enable faculty to complete research or a creative project.
Proposals are reviewed by the Research and Grants Committee.
Download the 2014/15 Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activity Awards guidelines and application.
Review standards: Rating the RSCA Application
Application Deadline: The deadline for the 2014/15 program is Monday, March 3, 2014 at 5 p.m.
Informational/Brown Bag Sessions - Noon - 1:00PM (except Feb 13 - 10:30-11:30 am)
- Thursday January 9, 2014; Jacaranda Hall 1535
- Friday January 10, 2014; Jacaranda Hall 1535
- Thursday January 30, 2014; Jacaranda Hall 4440
- Tuesday February 4, 2014; Juniper Hall 3107
- Tuesday February 11, 2014; Nordhoff Hall 211
- Thursday February 13 - 10:30 am - 11:30 am - Education 3118
- Judge Julian Beck Learning-Centered Instructional Projects
- Probationary Faculty Support Program
- Community Engagement Course Development & Implementation Grants
- Community Engagement Student Scholar Grants
- Disciplinary-Oriented Community Learning Project & Research Grants
- Interdisciplinary Community Learning Project & Research Grants