CSUN Competition for Research, Scholarship and Creative Activity Awards
The University Research and Grants Committee requests applications from faculty members for the annual competition for awards to support faculty research, scholarship and creative activity, interpreted broadly to mean the disciplined quest for broadening human understanding. This quest includes artistic creation and the study of moral values, as well as logical and empirical inquiry into any field appropriate to the functions of the University. Projects related to curriculum development will not be considered through this competition. Faculty may apply for 3 or 6 units of release time or a $10,000 mini-grant. In concert with the campus-wide effort to support scholarly activity by probationary faculty, those who have been at CSUN for 5 years or less are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proposals will be reviewed by the Research and Grants Committee, with awards announced at the end of April 2015. The deadline for the 2015/16 Competition is Monday, March 2, 2015 at 5 p.m. For more information, download the guidelines and application form.
- Competition to Attend Teaching Conferences
- Judge Julian Beck Learning-Centered Instructional Projects
- Probationary Faculty Support Program
- GE Paths Service Learning Course Development
- Service Learning Course Development
- Discipline-Based Community Learning Project & Research
- Interdisciplinary Community Learning Project & Research
- Service Learning Course Support and Dissemination