Student Outreach and Recruitment (SOAR) offers 60-minute guided walking tours of the CSUN campus led by the University Ambassadors. Tours are scheduled Monday through Friday and some Saturdays (no tours on Sundays), allowing individuals, families and groups to visit major points of interest while learning about life as a CSUN student. The individuals and families program also includes a 15- to 20-minute question-and-answer session. For K-12 and community college students, we offer a 30- to 45-minute presentation, which familiarizes students with admissions requirements and various aspects of the college experience.
Book your tour anytime using our online reservation system. Walk-in tours are based upon availability and NOT guaranteed.
Upon registering, you will receive an email reservation confirmation with information about complimentary parking. Reservations made less than 72 hours in advance will not receive complimentary parking. Depending on the size of your party, we suggest you make a reservation two to three weeks in advance of the requested tour date.
Problems registering? Call the SOAR office Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., at (818) 677-2879. Please note that our tours desk is closed between noon-1 p.m. during regular business hours.
Summer 2016 schedule — June 13-July 15
Family tours (parties with fewer than nine people)
- Tours will be offered Monday through Friday at 10 a.m.
- No tours are scheduled for June 16-17 and July 1.
Group tours (schools/parties with more than 10 people)
- No group tours are currently scheduled for summer 2016. Check back soon for fall dates.
- In the event of inclement weather, we can not permit walking tours for safety reasons. Tours will continue under light rain but if we are unable to go out, we will host a student panel and provide an opportunity to speak with an outreach counselor.
- We will accommodate requests for an American Sign Language interpreter.
- CSUN is a smoke- and tobacco-free campus. To promote a healthier environment for learning and living, the use, sale and distribution of smoke and tobacco products will no longer be allowed anywhere on campus. Prohibited tobacco products and devices include, but are not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, electronic smoking devises such as e-cigarettes, pipes (including hookah), simulated tobacco products that imitate or mimic tobacco products (e.g. herbal, cloves, bidis and kreteks), and smokeless tobacco and nicotine delivery systems (e.g. chewing tobacco, snuff and SNUS). Food and Drug Administration-approved cessation products for treating nicotine or tobacco dependence are allowed.