Student Outreach and Recruitment (SOAR) offers guided walking tours of the CSUN campus led by the University Ambassadors. Tours last approximately one hour and allow individuals, families, school groups or organizations to visit major points of interest while learning about life as a CSUN student.
To book a tour, please make a reservation by calling the SOAR office Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., at (818) 677-2879. Depending on the size of your group, we suggest you make a reservation two to three weeks in advance of the requested tour date. After your make a reservation, you will receive an email confirmation that includes information about complimentary parking. Reservations made less than 72 hours in advance will not receive complimentary parking.
Please note in the event of inclement weather, we will not permit walking tours for safety reasons. Tours will continue under light rain but if we are unable to go out, we will host a student panel and provide an opportunity to speak with an outreach counselor.
We will accommodate requests for an American Sign Language interpreter.
Please note: Beginning Wednesday, December 24, 2014, our Guest Relations unit will be closed for the holidays until January 2, 2015.
Spring 2015 tour schedule - February 16, 2015 - April 25, 2015
School Groups/Parties more than 10 people
- Tour time available at 10am only.
- We offer a 30-45 minute presentation for K-12 and community college students, which familiarizes students with CSUN admissions requirements and various aspects of the college experience.
- These presentations are limited, based upon availability and available for school groups and parties up to 80 people.
- Tour dates not available for school groups or parties more than 10 people - February 18, March 31, April 2, April 3, and April 6-20.
Family Tours/Parties of less than 9 people -
- Monday through Friday at 2pm only.
- We offer a 15-20 minute group Q&A session after your campus tour. The following dates will not have a Q&A session after their tour: March 9- 13, March 31, April 3-20.
- Tour dates not available - March 31, April 2, April 3, and April 6-20.
Saturday tour date for family tours or parties of less than 9 people
- Tour time available at 11:30am only
- Only Saturday tour dates available February 21, March 21, and April 25.
(Saturday tours will not be available for school groups or parties more than 10 people)
If you wish to visit our campus as a "walk-in" guest for Saturday tours, please stop by our Guest Relations unit, located in Bayramian Hall 190. Check-in at the front desk beginning at 11 a.m. and place your student’s name on our “walk-in” list. Please note "walk-in" reservations are based upon availability and not guaranteed. You must be physically present to register as a "walk-in" guest.
No phone or Internet "wait-in" reservations are allowed. We do not offer campus tours on Sundays.