To All California State University, Northridge Vendors:
Effective February 1, 2012, a change in the University’s invoice payment operation will take effect.
Effective February 1, 2012 this new change will go into effect and is as follows:
- If the invoice submitted for payment contains miscellaneous charges or fees not specified on a quotation, the University will not honor the charges and the invoice will be short-paid.
- If the invoice does not accurately reflect the purchase order in line by line detail, there will be a delay in payment to the Vendor until the corrected invoice is received.
- Purchase Order number must be included on the invoice.
- Delayed invoices associated with non-compliance will not be subject to finance charges.
- Payment terms are Net 30 unless there is a discount for an early payment.
We regret the necessity of imposing these tighter controls. California State University, Northridge has made a significant investment in efficient purchasing and payment operations that depend on its Vendor compliance for continued success. Non-compliance causes disruption to operations with additional expense.
The University Policy is and always has been to provide the best service available to our Customers and Vendors. As the University moves forward to streamline its processes, we look to our Vendor community to help us with our goals and sustainability initiative. We can only continue to do this with your cooperation and support.
We wish to take this opportunity to thank you for being one of our most valued Supplier-Partners.
Deborah Flugum, Manager Annie Dang, Manager
Purchasing & Contracts Administration Accounts Payable