California State University Northridge strives to make its programs, services, and activities accessible to all students, faculty, staff, and the general public who visit our campus, regardless of disability. The procurement of Electronic and Information Technology (E&IT) products is one way in which CSUN removes barriers to accessibility. Accordingly, departments must analyze their pending requests for E&IT products to ensure that an accessible product is being requested or determine whether the product is the most accessible product of its kind in the marketplace. This is done by the department via a marketplace analysis.
The product categories subject to E&IT accessibility review are:
- Software applications and operating systems
- Web-based internet and intranet information and applications
- Telecommunication products (phone systems, voice mail systems)
- Video and multimedia products (videos, TV tuners and displays)
- Self-contained, closed products (printers, fax machines, kiosks, ATMs)
- Desktop and portable computer
The Electronic and Information Technology Procurement Form has been enhanced to provide assistance to CSUN departments in requesting E&IT products identified in the categories above, regardless of dollar value. All requests for E&IT products within these categories must comply with this process.
Please go to the Electronic and Information Technology Procurement Form (PDF) to complete and submit your request.