The policy of the California State University is to make its’ programs, services, and activities accessible to students, faculty, staff, and the general public who visit or attend a campus-sponsored event, with disabilities. A component of this policy is to acquire Electronic and Information Technology (E&IT) products that meet this need. In order to meet this requirement, CSUN departments must analyze their pending requests for E&IT products to ensure that an accessible product is being requested or determine the product is the most accessible product in the marketplace. This is done by the department via a marketplace analysis.
The products categories for E&IT are:
- Software applications and operating systems
- Web-based internet and intranet information and applications
- Telecommunication products (phone systems, voice mail systems)
- Video and multimedia products (videos, TV tuners and displays)
- Self-contained, closed products (printers, fax machines, kiosks, ATMs)
- Desktop and portable computer
Forms and instructions are provided to assist CSUN departments in requesting E&IT products. All requests for E&IT products that exceed $15,000 (excluding tax) in dollar value must comply with this requirement.
Go to the E&IT Procurement Checklist for Section 508 Compliance for the instructions and checklist.