The following page is a one column layout with a header that contains a skip navigation and other utilty links as well as the search CSUN function. The footer contains update, contact and emergency information.
The Campus Budget News website provides up-to-date
information to the campus community about California's
budget situation and its impact on the Calfornia State University and Cal State
Additional Questions? If you have a question
that is not answered at this site or the FAQ,
you may submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(We also encourage campus employees to
consult and share their concerns with their supervisor, unit head, dean,
or division vice president.) We cannot respond to individual questions at this
time, but will update the FAQ as appropriate to ensure that the common concerns
of campus community members are addressed.
Current Letters and Communications
Earier communications are filed below in the Archives section.
Budget Page: This page provides detailed
information about the University's budget, including:
Management Plan 2010-12 (PDF document) (October
- Other Budget Messages:
- Videos (see also "CSU Budget News"
below for links to CSU-wide videos)
CSU Budget News
- NEW — A memorandum from CSU Executive Vice Chancellor and Chief Financial Officer Benjamin F. Quillian answers questions about Unrestricted Net Assets reported in the CSU Audited Financial Statements (September 27, 2012)
- The California State
- CSU Employee Updates
- VIDEO: CSU Chancellor's Video Message to Employees (December 16, 2010)
- VIDEO: CSU
Chancellor and CSSA President Discuss New Year (October
8, 2009): California State Student Association (CSSA) President
Steve Dixon interviews CSU Chancellor Charles B. Reed.
Chancellor's Video Message to Employees (July 29, 2009)
CSU Chancellor Outlines Plan to Address Massive Budget Cuts (July
16, 2009): California State University Chancellor Charles B. Reed discusses
the CSU's plan to cope with severe budget cuts. Chancellor Reed's remarks,
made at a press teleconference, describe the magnitude of
budget cuts and CSU's plan of action to address the cuts including
employee furloughs, student fees, financial aid, and enrollment cuts.
(Full transcript of video message available at the site.)
Additional Budget Links
- University News Clippings —
The University news clipping service compiles on a daily basis all
news reports about Cal State Northridge and higher education, including
budget-related news. You can sign up at this site to receive the clippings
directly by email every day.
- Archived Campus Budget FAQs
- Archived FAQs (archived May 15, 2012)
- Archived FAQs (archived December 16, 2011)
- Archived FAQs (archived November 17, 2011)
- Archived FAQs (archived July 21, 2011)
- Archived FAQs (archived May 16, 2011)
- Archived FAQs (archived January 7, 2011)
- Archived FAQs (archived October 12, 2010)
- Archived FAQs (archived September 29, 2010)
- Archived FAQs (archived
March 25, 2010)
- Archived FAQs (archived
October 20, 2009)
FAQs (archived April 21,
- Archived Student FAQs
- Letters to the Campus Community
- Furlough FAQs