Things to Do In and Around Los Angeles
Since moving to LA, I have taken up many activities, explored many activities, and eaten many new types of foods. A few of the things I have done are listed below.
Low Tides (find low tides)
San Fernando & San Gabriel Valleys
- Waterfall hike - Trail Canyon
- Waterfall hike - Sturtevant falls (and see link for Hermit falls)
- Bouldering at Stoney Point in Chatsworth
- Starlight bowl (like the Hollywood Bowl, but much cheaper)
- Griffith Observatory (go at night)
West LA Area
South LA Area
- Balboa Island
- The Wedge - this is a crazy body surfing place. You have to see it to belive it.
- Great rollerblading at Newport Beach and Huntington Beach
Downtown LA & Vicinity
- La Brea Tar Pits
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- People watching and fun shopping on Melrose (the east end)
- Rodeo Drive
- LA library
- Los Angeles Fashion District - everyone should go here at least once in their life
- IMAX Theater
- California Science Center
- Vasquez Rocks - this place is amazing!
- California Poppy Reserve - In the spring, if the conditions are right, this is absolutely stunning!
San Pedro Area
- Grunion run
- Leo Cabrillo tidepools and Aquarium
- Ports 'O Call Village
- Korean Friendship Bell
- Wayfarer's Chapel
- Sea lions