- Examining how indvidual, family, and societal factors relate to the mental health of emerging adults in various cultural/ethnic groups (e.g.,
- Latinos, African Americans, Armenians, Persians/Middle Easterners, Asians, LGBT, Deaf, and Immigrants).
- Examining cross-cultural validity of mental health scales.
- Examining how values about finances are transmitted from parents to emerging adults in Iranian American, Chinese American, and Mexican American families.
- Examining how interparental conflict between biological mother / stepfather and the biological mother and non-residential father impact emerging adults' mental health.
Examining whether employment on a university campus influences GPA and retentio