- Presentation Type:
Those registrants wishing to present may choose either an oral or
poster presentation. Every effort will be made to accommodate a
presenter's preference based on topic and session-time availability.
The Abstract Submission deadline is 9:00 pm EDT, Friday, 4 June 2010.
The Scientific Organizing Committee will schedule oral presentations on
a first-come, first-served basis as the meeting time-limits allow; all
others will be assigned poster presentations. Presenters will be
notified of their status in a timely manner.
- Extended Abstract Deadline for Poster Presentations : (Deadline: 9:00 pm EDT,
Friday, 16 July 2010).
- Abstract Fee: There is NO abstract fee.
- Visa Information: Visa information is available – please see the IAU Travel Grant Program. A Letter of Invitation may be needed for those who are applying for a Visa to attend.
Submitting an Abstract
- Oral presentation format and delivery:
Powerpoint, Keynote, or PDF files are acceptable for digital support for oral presentations. We have a very tight schedule of speakers and to insure smooth transitions, presentations will be made using the symposium computer. Mr. Rick Bloom from “Rick Bloom Audio Visual” will be working with you. Expect an email from him giving you detailed instructions on how to submit your presentations.
- Poster presentation and location: Posters are allocated a 48” (1.2m) square posterboard. They should be mounted in the San Miguel Room Monday before the Morning Session or during any Monday break. They will remain up all week and should be taken down on Thursday during one of the scheduled breaks or after the symposium ends. Posters will be assigned locations based on poster session topic (see the poster location map included in your Registration materials).
- Oral presentation time limits: 10 minutes per talk, followed by 3 minutes for Q&A, then 2 minutes to change speakers.
- Invited Talks: 20 minutes per talk, followed by 3 minutes for Q&A, then 2 minutes to change speakers.
Your abstract can be typed or
pasted directly into the text box provided on the Abstract Submission
form with a 250 word maximum. Only plain text and a limited set of
symbols is available this way; no tables, diagrams, or photographs.
Deadlines for Abstract Submission:
Submit Abstracts here
- Abstract Submission Deadline: 9:00 pm EDT, Friday, 4 June 2010
- Late Abstract Submission Deadline: 9:00 pm EDT, Friday, 16 July 2010