I. What is Explore CSUN, and who may attend?
Explore CSUN is a one-day event on campus during which admitted students (first-time freshmen and transfer students) and their families may visit the campus to learn about CSUN and how to enroll successfully for the fall 2014 semester. Space is limited, so please take a moment now to complete the RSVP form.
2. What is there to do at Explore CSUN?
You and your family will have the opportunity to:
- Take a walking tour of the campus.
- Take a tour of Student Housing.
- Attend the Information Expo, where you can talk with college and student services representatives, and meet current members of student clubs and organizations.
- Talk to Admissions and Records staff.
- Take a photo for your student ID in Bayramian Hall (BH). Please note there is a $5 fee for the ID, which you must pay in advance through the myNorthridge Portal. Be sure to print your receipt and bring it to the Admissions and Records Office located in Bayramian Hall, Student Services Lobby to have your picture taken on the day of the event. A valid driver's license, DMV ID or passport will be required to take your picture. View instructions on how to pay for your student ID online.
- If you have received a request to turn in documents to the Financial Aid office, you may do so during Explore CSUN. Staff will be available to review your documents for completion and answer any questions you may have.
3. How do I sign up?
Go to the RSVP page, and fill out your contact information. Once you submit your information, another screen will confirm that you are registered. You'll also get a confirmation email. Print out and bring your confirmation email to the event registration/check-in tent.
4. Do I have to attend?
Explore CSUN is not mandatory, but it offers a chance for admitted students to learn about the steps to successful enrollment and helps ensure a smooth transition to the university. We encourage all admitted students to come!
5. May I request an American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter?
Yes, request an ASL interpreter when you register, and an interpreter will accompany you throughout the day.