Transfer Application Notice
Due to the governor's proposed State budget plan which eliminates funding for enrollment growth, California State University finds it necessary to modify the admissions criteria for transfer students. Effective Feb. 1, 2008, we will only accept new applications from students who have:
- Completed 60 transferable semester (90 quarter) units with an overall grade point average of 2.0 or better in all transferable units attempted by both California and non-California residents.
- Be in good standing at the last institution attended.
- Completed at least 30 semester (45 quarter) units of general education courses, graded C or better in each course, including the following four requirements:
- Freshman Composition
- Critical Thinking
- Speech/oral communication
- College mathematics/quantitative reasoning
We are unable to consider admissions applications from:
- Lower-division transfer applicants (Lower-division transfer students interested in Engineering and Computer Science should contact Diane Schwartz for more information on application deadlines)
- Applicants seeking a second baccalaureate degree
- Unclassified post baccalaureate applicants
For more information, please contact the office of Student Outreach and Recruitment at (818) 677 2967, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.