Student Outreach and Recruitment (SOAR) offers guided walking tours of the CSUN campus led by the University Ambassadors. Tours last approximately one hour and allow individuals, families, school groups or organizations to visit major points of interest while learning about life as a CSUN student.
To book a tour, please make a reservation by calling the SOAR office Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., at (818) 677-2879. Depending on the size of your group, we suggest you make a reservation two to three weeks in advance of the requested tour date. After your make a reservation, you will receive an email confirmation that includes information about complimentary parking. Reservations made less than 72 hours in advance will not receive complimentary parking.
Please note in the event of inclement weather, we will not permit walking tours for safety reasons. Tours will continue under light rain but if we are unable to go out, we will host a student panel and provide an opportunity to speak with an outreach counselor.
We will accommodate requests for an American Sign Language interpreter.
Please note that as of Aug. 19, 2015, CSUN is a smoke- and tobacco-free campus. To promote a healthier environment for learning and living, the use, sale and distribution of smoke and tobacco products will no longer be allowed anywhere on campus.
Prohibited tobacco products and devices include, but are not limited to, the following examples:
- Electronic smoking devices such as e-cigarettes
- Pipes (including hookah)
- Simulated tobacco products that imitate or mimic tobacco products (e.g., herbal, cloves, bidis and kreteks)
- Smokeless tobacco and nicotine delivery systems (e.g., chewing tobacco, snuff and SNUS)
Food and Drug Administration-approved cessation products for treating nicotine or tobacco dependence are allowed. To learn more about the new policy and CSUN smoking cessation services, visit the Clear the Air website.
Fall 2015 tour schedule - September 21, 2015 - November 20, 2015
Please note that the Guest Relations unit will be closed between 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. during our regular business hours, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m.-5p.m.
School Groups/Parties more than 10 people
NOTE: RESERVATIONS FOR FALL SEMESTER GROUP TOURS IS CURRENTLY CLOSED. PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR SPRING 2016 AVAILABILITY.
Tuesday through Friday at 10 a.m. only.
- We offer a 30-45 minute presentation for K-12 and community college students, which familiarize students with CSUN admissions requirements and various aspects of the college experience. These presentations are limited, based upon availability, and available for school groups and parties up to 50 people maximum.
Family Tours/Parties of less than 9 people
Monday through Friday at 2pm only.
Tour dates not available for family tours or parties less than 9 people – October 2nd, November 6th, and November 11th, 2015
- We offer a 15-20 minute group Q&A session after your campus tour except on October 2nd, November 6th, November 11th, and every Wednesday.
Saturday tour date for family tours or parties of less than 9 people
- Saturday, Oct. 10 at 10 a.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 17 at 11:30 a.m. (Reservations are currently closed.*)
- Saturday, Oct. 31 at 10 a.m.
Saturday tours will not be available for school groups or parties more than 10 people.
If you wish to visit our campus as a "walk-in" guest ** for Saturday tours, please stop by our Guest Relations unit, located in Bayramian Hall 190. Check-in at the front desk beginning at 11 a.m. and place your student’s name on our “walk-in” list.
We do not offer campus tours on Sundays.
* Check back for additional dates.
** "walk-ins" are based upon availability and not guaranteed. You must be physically present to register as a "walk-in" guest. No phone or Internet "walk-in" reservations will be accepted.