- Your application for the Bachelor’s Degree and Diploma initiates the graduation process, participation in Commencement, and receipt of your diploma.
- You may apply for graduation once you have completed 90 units (including work-in-progress) or approximately one year prior to your planned graduation date. At least one semester of work must be completed in residence at Cal State Northridge before the Graduation Evaluation Office may complete a graduation evaluation.
- The first step in this process is to submit a completed application packet to the COBAE Student Services Center/EOP Satellite (JH 2113). The application packet is available in JH 2113 as well as here. See COBAE application deadline and process information below. Seniors who have completed 130+ units must submit their application to their major department for review.
- Admissions & Records application deadline information is available at www.csun.edu/anr/grad.
- Applying after the filing period deadline may delay receipt of your graduation evaluation and your graduating senior status priority registration appointment time. Commencement participation could be affected. A $10.00 late fee will be assessed for late applications.
- Submit your application to JH 2113 at least two weeks prior to the Admissions and Records deadline to ensure timely processing. Applications submitted to JH 2113 after the deadline will be processed as time permits.
- Complete the Application for Bachelor’s Degree and Diploma form through the section which indicates your primary Major(s)/Options(s) and your catalog year (available at the top right of your DPR).
- Complete the Graduation Planner. Check www.csun.edu/catalog to verify all course prerequisites. Please note that incomplete and/or inaccurate Planners will delay the application process.
- If you have had an approved substitution/waiver which does not appear on your DPR, attach a copy of the form. If you have courses in progress that do not appear on the DPR, attach a copy of an unofficial transcript and the appropriate page from www.assist.org indicating course equivalence.
- A separate DPR is required for each major as applicable.
- Submit the Application, DPR(s), the Graduation Planner, and any additional documents to JH 2113.
- Pick up your signed Application for Bachelor’s Degree and Diploma in JH 2113, attach a copy of your MAP (My Academic Planner), and submit to the Student Services Center in Bayramian Hall along with the diploma application fee. You may access your MAP through myNorthridge and the SOLAR Student Center. If you need assistance, view the MAP “how to” guide at www.csun.edu/anr/soc/guides/map.html.
- The COBAE Student Services Center /EOP closes at 5:00 pm on Monday and Thursday, 7:00 pm on Tuesday and Wednesday, and 4:00 pm on Friday. Admissions and Records Office hours can be found at http://www.csun.edu/a&r.
If you are still unsure on how to apply for a Bachelor's Degree please contact Graduation Evaluations at 818-677-3781 or visit the Graduation Evaluations website.
For information about commencement, you may visit the following Commencement and Honors Convocation website.
*IMPORTANT NOTE From A&R: Applying after the filing period deadline may delay receipt of your graduation evaluation and your grad senior status priority registration appointment time. Commencement participation could be affected. Check Graduation Calendar for more details; the final deadline for participation in commencement is generally in very early March.
Last Reviewed: September 02, 2010