First Time Transfer Fall 2012
Congratulations on your acceptance to the College of Business and Economics at California State University, Northridge. Our advisors will support your plans for academic success and timely graduation.
The University has sent you important information. Please first read all correspondence and visit the websites listed on your letters and brochures. University websites, including Admissions and Records and Undergraduate Studies, are valuable resources.
First Time Transfer Advisement
The College of Business and Economics requires advisement for incoming transfer students. Please call 818-677-3537 to schedule an advisement session after you have completed the Online Overview Workshop.
Topics covered during advisement:
- University policies
- College of Business and Economics curriculum
- How to read and understand your Degree Progress Report (DPR)
- Course prerequisites and planning
- Questions and Answers
What should I do BEFORE my advisement session?
- If you have not submitted all transcripts from the community college(s) and/or universities you have attended, please do so as soon as possible.
- If you have already submitted your transcripts to Admissions and Records but they are not showing on your Degree Progree Report (DPR) check your portal student account to view the status of all transcripts submited.
- Are you GE certified or do you anticipate being fully GE certified by the end of your last semester at the community college?
- Have you or will you be finished with your lower division business core classes prior to your first semester at CSUN?
What do I need for my advisement session?
- You will need a pen.
- Visitor parking is available at a cost of $6.00 per day. Please check the campus map for parking info.
- Please be on time. Please consider travel time and traffic in the Los Angeles area.
Please note: seating space is limited to students. Parents and friends are welcome to enjoy the campus and surrounding community while waiting. Advisement duration is approximately two hours. Visitors may call ahead for dormitory visitation schedules.