A new Faculty Lab, in the Garden Level of the Oviatt Library, Room 30, was set up by Academic Affairs to be a convenient resource for faculty. Do you have questions about WebCT or Elluminate? Would you like to print something in color? Or how about put your images on a webpage? Or perhaps you'd like to create an audio PowerPoint presentation for the Internet? Or shoot short videos that you edit in iMovie for a webpage or CD? We can assist you with any of these projects. All CSUN faculty are welcome on a walk-in basis, but please call x6558 ahead of time to request a particular type of help, so that the staff may prepare for your visit.
Hours and Location:
Mon-Fri 1-5pm in Oviatt Library, Room 30.
Tech Assistants, Teewa, Chris, Justin and Jennifer, who will help you with the equipment and software.
• 5 Dell OptiPlex GX400 MiniTowers with 17" flat Dell monitors
• 3 Macintosh G4, 733Mhz with DVD-RW and 22" Apple Cinema Display monitors, 1 Macintosh G5
• Color printer--HP LaserJet 4700
• 2 data projectors
• 2 Canon ZR20 digital video cameras
• 2 Olympus C2040 digital cameras
• 2 HP 5370C scanners with slide trans
•Photoshop CS--for editing photos.
•Macromedia's Fireworks and Flash--for creating animation and web graphics.
•Dreamweaver MX 2004---for creating webpages.
•Director--for working with multimedia.
• iMovie--for editing video.
• Camtasia--for creating videos of successive screen captures.
• Cleaner and Toast Titanium--for converting video and audio file formats.
• RealPresenter Plus--for presenting audio PowerPoint lectures on the Internet.
• Netscape, Internet Explorer, and Firefox--for accessing WebCT, HyperNews, QuizMaker, and Flashlight.
• Microsoft Office and WordPerfect--for word processing.
• Adobe Acrobat 8.0 Professional.