Key Application Dates:
- Sign up for Statement Consultation (optional) by October 24, 2017
- Application Packet due by 4pm on November 15, 2017
- Finalists must be available for interviews on December 1st & 2nd, 2017
To apply to be a Student Fellow, CSUN students must meet the following criteria:
- Be a major in one of the fields approved by the Mellon Foundation:
Anthropology and Archaeology
Geography and Population Studies
Film, Cinema, and Media Studies (theoretical focus)
Musicology, Ethnomusicology, and Music Theory
Foreign Languages and Literatures
Performance Studies (theoretical focus)
Philosophy and Political Theory
Religion and Theology
Theater (theoretical focus)
- Be broadly considered a junior (be on track to graduate in May 2019);
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA;
- Show a record of demonstrated potential to succeed in a Ph.D. program or potential and commitment to build, over the next 18 months, skill sets necessary for success in a Ph.D. program;
- Show a record of demonstrated potential to transform the faculty landscape in the humanities, especially in terms of diversifying the professoriate and increasing the presence and visibility of Latina/o faculty members;
- Be willing to commit to participating fully in all aspects of the HSI Pathways to the Professoriate program at CSUN.
If selected as a Student Fellow, you must be available from 10am-12:45pm on Fridays during the Spring 2018 semester.
Your packet is due to the College of Humanities by 4pm on November 15, 2017.
Please use the Application Checklist to organize your materials and to make sure you include all the required components of the application.
Documents and Forms: