The Mission of the CSUN HelpLine is twofold: service to our community and individual enrichment of our volunteers. Therefore, we shall endeavor;
To serve our callers by offering free volunteer paraprofessional counseling, emotional support, factual information and appropriate referrals while empowering individuals to take control of their lives and choose courses of action for themselves;
To provide education and training for individuals interested in developing high quality therapeutic communication skills and a rewarding volunteer experience for HelpLine Listeners.
HelpLine is a team of telephone crisis response volunteers primarily serving the CSUN campus and the San Fernando Valley community.
What we believe:
- Life is sometimes hard. Challenges and difficulties are a part of life.
- Talking to someone can help cope with these challenges.
- People have within themselves the strength to overcome their problems.
- Trained volunteers can be a helpful first resource for people with difficulties and people in crisis.
What we offer:
- Trained, unbiased, respectful, volunteers to talk with you about your concerns.
- Referrals to various resources in your community for continuing help.
- Assurance that all calls are confidential and anonymous.
If you found this Web-based information helpful, please call the HelpLine at
(818) 349-HELP and let us know!