The National Center on Deafness (NCOD) supplemental application is required for all deaf and hard-of-hearing students. Applicants must complete and submit all documents requested in order to receive any communication access services.
Before you apply to CSUN, please contact the NCOD by emailing Aileen Rolon. Include your first and last name in your email, along with the year and semester for which you are applying. This will enable us to maintain contact with you throughout the application process.
Admissions Standards and Procedures
CSUN has strict admissions standards and procedures. It is essential for you to know:
- First time freshman and transfer students must apply by Nov. 30. The earlier, the better. Transfer and graduate students, please check application deadlines at Admissions and Records.
- If you are not in the Tier 1 Local Guarantee Admission Area, please contact Aileen Rolon.
- New transfer students should satisfy all the lower division criteria with at least a 2.0 grade point average and by either working towards 60 transferable units or already having 60 transferable units.
Required CSUN Application Materials
NCOD Supplemental Application Materials
Along with your CSUN application, please complete the following materials:
- Supplemental Information – All students
- Audiogram for all Deaf & Hard of Hearing – All students
- English/Reading Evaluation – Freshman required and transfer optional
- Two Letters of Recommendation – Freshman only
When complete, email application materials as PDF attachments to Aileen Rolon or mail to:
National Center on Deafness
California State University, Northridge
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8267
Useful Links for Students
For a complete list of current majors offered at CSUN, visit the California State University website.