NCOD Online Request Form Instructions
To request an interpreter or transcriber, you can fill out the Service Request Form and submit to the National Center on Deafness online. You can also email us at or call us at (818) 677-2054 if you have any questions.
Requests should be made 72 hours in advance.
Request Communication Access Services
When you Login with your CSUN email and password, you’ll have access to the following sidebar options:
- Instructions – This is where you can revisit home page instructions.
- Request Manager – This is where you can view a listing of all requests you've submitted (status and updates).
- Request Communication Access – This is where you can submit a new request for communication access services, i.e., an interpreter or transcriber. Prior to submitting a new request, review list of existing events with services and select “attend” if your intended request is available. Otherwise, submit a new request.
- Request Media Captioning – This is where you can submit a new request for media captioning (be sure to review below (1) preparation and (2) setup instructions beforehand).
- Logout – To exit the online request application and return to login page.
Request Media Captioning
Review the following steps to Request Media Captioning:
- Check Captioned Media
- Copyright protected? Unsure? Consult with Librarian
- Your own creation (proprietary)? Move to Step 2.
- Closed Captioning: includes the text of what was said in the media and time codes for when captions should display.
- Transcript only: contains the text of what was said in the media.
- Caption + Encode: takes the caption file and merges with media file.
- Funding needed for NCOD Captioning Service. Obtain Chartfield number from Department Char/MARs
- No funding needed for Self-Service. Download YouTube guides.
- myCSUNbox Account
- Download myCSUNbox guide or visit CSUN IT Box Information
- Create a folder named "NCOD Captioning"
- Set "NCOD Captioning" folder to "PUBLIC" for access
- Upload files (video, transcript if you have one) to the "NCOD Captioning" folder on myCSUNbox
- Fill out Captioning Request Form Online
- NCOD completes captioning
- NCOD uploads files to faculty member's myCSUNbox "NCOD Captioning" folder
- Faculty Retrieve files
- Faculty links media for student view, or...
- Faculty retrieves files and posts them on Faculty member's personal YouTube channel and creates a hyperlink to YouTube from Moodle for student view.