CSUN MSA Scholarships and Financial Aid Opportunities
Are you interested in the MSA Program, but don’t have all the finances in place? Well take a look at what is being offered. From public aid provided by the federal and state government to private departmental aid, there are loans and scholarships that can help ease your financial pressures.
Graduate Student Loans:
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan – low-interest rate loans available to all students regardless of income.
- Graduate PLUS Loan- credit-based loan, eligibility subject to a credit decision from the U.S. Department of Education.
- Private Education Loans- credit-based education loans offered through private lenders.
For most student loans, a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be on file (see http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/). For additional information on graduate student loans available through CSUN visit http://www.csun.edu/financialaid/.
Incoming MSA Student -
- $1,000 J. H. Cohn, LLP Scholarship - J. H. Cohn is a top national public accounting and consulting firm with local offices in West L.A. and Woodland Hills. The firm has recently shown its support for graduate accounting education with a new $1,000 scholarship for an incoming MSA student.
- $2,000 CSUN Accounting & IS Faculty Scholarship – Current and emeritus faculty members in the Department of Accounting and Information Systems have collaborated to generously offer a $2,000 Scholarship for qualified applicant.
- $2,500 Becker Scholarship - Becker Professional Development Corporation, which does business as Becker Professional Education, is a part of DeVry Inc, and is a global leader in professional education serving the accounting, finance and project management professions. Becker has graciously offered a $2,500 cash scholarship for a deserving applicant.
- $1,000 Luella O. Jones Graduate Fellowship - Luella O. Jones is the director of the Ernst & Young Center for Careers in Accounting and Information Systems at CSUN that provides specialized career and job search services to CSUN students and alumni. A $1,000 scholarship has been made available for the 2014 MSA Cohort in her honor.
All MSA applicants are automatically considered for the available incoming MSA students scholarships. Recipients are selected on the basis of academic performance (e.g., overall GPA, GMAT scores, etc). Scholarship winners must be admitted to the MSA program and enrolled in classes for fall in order to receive their awards. Winners will be announced after the application deadline.
Continuing MSA Student -
- $1,000 CSUN Department of Accounting & IS Awards (3) - Each spring at the annual Department of Accounting and Information Systems Awards Banquet, the department offers three $1,000 scholarships to continuing MSA students.
All MSA students in good standing (overall graduate GPA 3.0 or higher) are eligible. To be considered for one of the three scholarships, students must apply and attend the annual Awards Banquet. Application forms are available from the department office in the spring. Recipients are selected on the basis of academic performance (e.g., overall GPA, GMAT scores, etc). Scholarship winners are announced at the banquet.