In most cases auditions for Department shows will take place in the first or last week of any given semester.
Any enrolled CSUN student, regardless of major, with a suitable GPA can take part in auditions.
We encourage participation in all theatrical disciplines and areas of theatrical production by persons of every race, color, culture, age, gender, physical disability, and sexual orientation, thereby reflecting both on and off stage the full diversity of American society. While we recognize that there can be no interference with the artistic integrity or contractual rights of the author, director, or choreographer, we urge all members of the theatre community to challenge traditional stereotypes. We acknowledge that the growth and vitality of theatre is dependent upon the inclusion of diverse voices and impulses in writing, hiring, casting, directing, and producing. This statement signifies our endorsement of the principles of equality, diversity, and inclusion.
Audition Sign-Ups – IMPORTANT INFORMATION!
Audition sign-ups are going fully online!
On May 9th and 10th we’ll hold auditions for:
- Scorched (directed by Prof. Christine Menzies), and
- Gaslight (directed by Prof. Larry Biederman).
To sign up for an audition slot, you should do the following…
- Go to our Auditions Moodle page. https://moodle.csun.edu/course/view.php?id=53860
The password is spring2017 as of 9:00am on Thursday, April 27th.
You should read the play(s) for which you are auditioning.
- Next, you should download and print your audition form, also available on the Moodle site. If you want to be considered for both shows, you need to complete two separate forms. These need to be complete before you arrive to your audition.
- Next, you should access our Signup Genius site: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080f4aadac2fa2fa7-fall. The Signup Genius link is available on the Moodle page, too.
There, you can choose your audition slot. We are creating groups of six. Students will audition individually, but a small group of you will all go into the audition room together. They are half hour-long groups and right now, only 6pm to 8pm each night is available. I’ll create further groups if the ones we have fill up.
You will receive a reminder 1 day before auditions once you have signed up – and you will need to provide your phone number and e-mail address when you register for a slot. Your information is not made public and will only be seen by me (and the show’s stage managers in case they need to contact you).
You will need to prepare a single 1-2 minute-long contemporary monologue.
- And you should arrive 10-15 minutes before your chosen audition time to the Little Theatre. That’s where we’ll hold auditions.
~Prof. Matthew Jackson
Dates are subject to change. For information check back often with the Dept. of Theatre: csun.edu/theatre, the Facebook page “TheatreCSUN Callboard” or call (818) 677-3086.