The California State University, Northridge Speech and Debate team is a full-service intercollegiate forensics program. The team offers competition in the following events:
- Cross-examination, team policy debate
- NPDA Parliamentary team debate
- Platform speaking, including informative, persuasive, and communication analysis.
- Limited preparation speaking, including impromptu and extemporaneous.
- Oral interpretations, including prose, poetry, duo, and program of oral interpretation.
Participants receive coaching for competitions from an extremely talented and well-trained coaching staff.
The Matadors welcome anyone who is interested in joining our team. No experience is necessary - we will help you to learn any event that interests you. For more information, and to get to know our team, stop by one of our meetings! The squad meets on Thursdays from 4 pm to 7 pm in Manzanita 215. You can also contact John Kephart, our Director of Forensics, at
John Kephart III
For more information, please contact:
Dr. John Kephart