Graduate Degree - Graduate Application
Each of the documents linked below is part of the Department Graduate Application Packet. In addition to completing the University Application, you will need to print these documents and submit your department application in hardcopy to:
Dr. Stacy Holman Jones
Department of Communication Studies
California State University, Northridge
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8257
The department will begin reviewing applications for Fall admissions on February 15th, so students seeking Fall admission should have their applications complete by that date.
The following materials are required in your Department of Communication Studies Application:
- A copy of the Department of Communication Studies Application Checklist.
- A copy of your transcripts from your undergraduate institutions. These may be unofficial. You must submit official (sealed) transcripts with your university application. If you do not submit official copies of your transcripts with your university application, a decision on your application will be delayed.
- A copy of your GRE scores. Please have the testing center report your GRE scores to CSUN directly. The ETS code for CSUN is 4707. You should also include a photocopy or printout of your scores in your application to the Department. The Department requires all applicants to submit GRE scores.
- A detailed statement of purpose (approximately 3 to 4 double-spaced pages) identifying the academic, professional, intellectual, and/or career goals that would be served by your enrollment in the program. If you are also applying for a Teaching Associateship, be sure to mention address this explicitly as part of your statement of purpose.
- A copy of your university application. Print it out as you submit it online.
- Two letters of recommendation. Please note that if you are applying for a position as a Teaching Associate, your letters should directly address your potential for success as an instructor of our basic public speaking course.
As an applicant to our graduate program, you will also want to read the Graduate Application Guidelines
Additional links useful for new graduate students: