LRC READING/WRITING WORKSHOPS
APA Format -- April 5th: 3:00-4:00pm
Questions on an APA title page? How to structure your references?
Come to an LRC workshop! You will learn:
* Basic formatting for documents and references
* How to cite correctly within your text
* How to integrate sources into your writing
* How to cite digital sources
Date and Time: Wednesday, April 5th. 3:00-4:00pm
Location: LRC Computer Lab, 3rd Floor, Oviatt Library
Presenter: Zuleima Ugalde Sign up here.
SCHOLARSHIP STATEMENT -- Thursday, April 13: 2:00 - 3:00pm
Your individual statement is an important part of your scholarship or graduate school application. Yet it can be one of the most difficult things to write. Come to our workshop, and learn how to present yourself at your best, so you stand out from the crowd.
At this workshop, you will learn:
* How to interpret what the prompt in the application is asking you to write about.
* A tried and true structure that organizes your personal story.
* How to avoid sounding like a victim of difficult circumstances
* How to honestly address a less-than-perfect academic record.
* How to clearly relate your goals to the schools you are applying to.
Day/Time: Thursday, April 13, 2:00 - 3:00pm
Location: LRC Classroom, 3rd Floor, Oviatt Library
Presenter: Trista Payte Sign up here.