Completion of a workshop is required prior to being able to make an appointment to meet with an advisor and/or to get an evaluation of your coursework toward this major.
Each workshop takes approximately 30 minutes to read through. Students who have a CSUN student ID may submit their information at the end of the workshop to receive a Liberal Studies evaluation of their coursework.
Workshop and Advisement FAQs
- 10 to 15 business days after completing a workshop, you will receive a Liberal Studies evaluation of your coursework by email as long as you have a CSUN Student ID #.
- You may not meet with and Advisor without completing a workshop.
- 10 to 15 business days after completing a workshop, students who have applied to CSUN will receive a Liberal Studies evaluation of their coursework by email.
- Program information is disseminated and reviewed so you get an understanding of the program and your options before you meet with an Advisor.
- All the information given in the Workshops cannot be covered in a single individual advisement appointment.
- After receiving a Liberal Studies evaluation, you may then make an individual advisement appointment. Please note that appointments will be shortened during Registration Periods due to the volume of students needing assistance with planning their courses for the coming semester.