CSUN  Wordmark
Page Description

The following page is a three column layout with a header that contains a quicklinks jump menu and the search CSUN function. Page sections are identified with headers. The footer contains update, contact and emergency information.

Registration, Adds, Drops, and Incompletes - Liberal Studies Program


  • Free CSET Preparation Workshops
    • History, Wednesday, October 1, 2014 (Juniper Hall 1119)
    • Math, Tuesday, October 7, 2014 (Juniper Hall 1234)
    • Science, Thursday October 23, 2014 (Juniper Hall 1107)
  • LSLA Applications Now Available!

From the Newsroom

I am interested in...

Teacher Preparation Program

Interdisciplinary Studies Option

  • Track A: Humanities
  • Track B: Human Rights
  • Track C: Sustainability
  • Track D: Russian Studies
  • Track E: China Studies
  • Track F: Interdisciplinary Specialization

Humanities Interdisciplinary Minor

Sustainability Minor

Russian Studies Minor


Student Online Workshop

Facebook Liberal Studies
Twitter Liberal Studies
Ask Matty Bubble

What clubs are offered at CSUN?

Student Affairs provides the Ask Matty information.

Registration, Adds, Drops, and Incompletes


The class I want to enroll in is full. What are my options?

You can put yourself on the wait list for the course. You may also contact your professor for a permission number. Permission numbers are issued at the discretion of the professor.

I want to enroll in a class that has been restricted to one of the Liberal Studies special programs (ITEP-Junior, ITEP-Freshman). How can I get a permission number to enroll in the class?

Courses restricted to special programs are ONLY available to those students who have been admitted to those programs. Sometimes if the class is under enrolled at the start of Non-Restrictive Registration, seats are made available to other students.

I need to repeat a class but SOLAR won't let me enroll in it. What do I do?

You may ONLY enroll in a course you have taken previously through SOLAR by obtaining a permission number from the instructor and enrolling in the class once the semester begins. If you plan to repeat a course for a third time you must obtain approval from the Associate Dean of College of Humanities.

I want to add a class after the third week of the semester. How do I do that?

During the fourth week of the semester, you may try to add a class by obtaining signatures from your instructor and the Department Chair offering the course using the Change of Schedule Petition Form. The signed form must be filed with Admissions & Records. After the fourth week of the semester, adds are not permitted unless there are extraordinary circumstances.

I need to drop a class after the fourth week of the semester but I was told it was too late to drop. Is that true? What can I do about it?

Requests for a withdrawal are rarely approved after the fourth week of the semester unless the student can provide written documentation verifying an extraordinary event beyond his/her control has occurred which will make it impossible for the student to stay in the class. Physical or mental health issues, relocation out of the immediate area, and activation for military duty may be acceptable reasons for a late withdrawal. If you are not approved for a late withdrawal and stop attending, you will earn a "WU" which will lower your GPA like an "F". Assuming you have not repeated 16.0 units or more at CSUN, you may repeat the course and take advantage of the grade forgiveness policy. You should contact your Academic Advisor to discuss your specific situation.

I have earned an Incomplete in one of my classes. How do I go about completing this course and earning a grade?

Be sure to speak to your professor to get a clear idea of what you need to do to complete the course. You will have up to two semesters (excluding summers) to complete your remaining requirements. Professors may use their discretion to hold you to an earlier time line for completion of an incomplete. Please note: You should not re-enroll in a course if you have been given an Incomplete. Re-enrolling in the course will mean that you are repeating the course which will have an impact on the number of units you may repeat at CSUN in the future.

I need proof that I am a full time student. Where do I go?

The Office of Admissions & Records.